Sunday, October 5, 2014

Global Read Aloud Kick-Off Next Week

As I sit here preparing for the Global Read Aloud Kick-Off next week, I'm busy reading One For the Murphy's, and everything I can about using Skype in the classroom and #mysteryskype. I came across an amazing blog of how to conduct a Mystery Skype and what to have the students do to remain engaged and participating with another classroom in another part of the US or another country. Thanks to Mrs. Morgan's Superstars for the helpful information! I wouldn't have been able to navigate the world of Skype in my classroom without your helpful tips!

http://mrsmorgansstars.edublogs.org/skype-etiquette/


For the Global Read Aloud, I will be blogging here about our classroom experiences and my students will be blogging on KidBlog and communicating with classrooms in Wisconsin and hopefully another classroom in Canada or South Dakota. I'm still working on the second connection. Each week we will be reading a specified number of chapters and writing about what we have read. In addition, we will be focusing on the theme of the story as we learn all about Carley.

Check back for updates and videos about our Skype experiences!



No comments:

Post a Comment